I get so excited about weekend. It gives me a chance to get some bigger goals accomplished. This weekend is a holiday weekend so it feels longer, even though I am working on Monday. Along with having some fun, I also have some things that I want to get accomplished.
- FINALLY plant some plants in my front planter bed. Last week I dug out a planter bed in front of my porch, and bought some plants. I just haven’t gotten around to actually put them in the ground. 2 actually died. It is embarrassing how often that happens to me. Ty (my husband) and I go back and forth about what we want. I love lush and pretty plants, and he loves a desert minimal/modern. It is a struggle making decision sometimes.
- Paint the inside of my kitchen wall (ceiling) thing. We had some water damage due to a roof leak. We put a new roof on aboooouuuttttt….. a year and a half ago. Ha! It took a little bit to get the drywall patched to look good, and we had to put casing around the new window. I have not got around to paint it.
- Mow the front and back yard. This may seem like a simple task. Let me assure you. It is not.
- Get my nails did. No explanation necessary.
- Decide on how big of an outdoor table to do. I want to be able to comfortably seat our entire family: brothers, sisters, moms, dads, husbands, wives, kids (ok the kids can sit at a kids table). With everyone that would be 23… ok don’t want a table that big. Just adults would be 15…. still pretty big. I am thinking something that seats 12. What are the chances we will have the ENTIRE family over. I kinda love these.
- Once I decide on how big of a table, I really need to figure out if I want to build one, or buy one. This decision almost always lands on building it. I want something that fits and functions perfect for our house. I often find that means that I have to build it. That is ok. I like a challenge. (I almost always regret those words).